I know Halloween is nine days away but I know were all gearing up for it. With all the Halloween activities I’m sure everyone is attending in the next week and a half it’s good to remind ourselves, and kids, on the Safety Tips for Trick or Treating.
- Make sure there is an adult supervising the group of trick-or-treaters.
- Costumes shouldn’t be so long that they are a tripping hazard.
- Add reflective tape to costumes or use glow sticks to make them visible.
- Plan and discuss the route trick-or-treaters intent to follow and know the names of the adults in the group.
- Only go in familiar areas along the established route.
- Only stop at well lite houses and never go into a stranger’s house.
- Establish a return time.
- Don’t eat candy until you return home.
- Review pedestrian and traffic safety rules.
- Pin a slip of paper in your child’s costume with your name, address and phone number in case your child gets separated from the group.
And the most important tip, HAVE FUN!
Next week I’ll be participating in a Halloween Blog hop with many other authors. Come check it out and there are prizes.
Have a great week.