Welcome to week two of our series. How did you do last week?
Here are this week’s items:
- One jar jelly or jam
- One jar peanut butter (if your families like mine, the bigger the better)
- Box (es) of saltine crackers
- Bag (s) of beef jerky (or jerky of choice)
- Large can (s) of juice
- Instant coffee, tea and powdered drinks
- Two roles of paper towels
- At least four rolls of toilet paper
- Liquid dish soap
- Matches (preferably waterproof)
- Latex gloves
- Unscented liquid bleach (for cleaning or water purification)
- Consider keeping a few loaves of bread in the freezer and rotate them out every several months.
- A fork and knife for each member of the family. (Reusable plastic flat ware work great. There made of heavy duty plastic so will hold up to multiple uses)
- A plate (preferably heavy plastic) for each member of your family
Remember to store enough food for the size of family you have. The bigger the family, the more food you need to stock.
These items shouldn’t cost a fortune but they’ll be priceless in an emergency.
Have a great week.