You’ll have tons of holidays to celebrate this week. There is at least one thing every day this week.
Funny holidays this week:
1st – May Day
Mother Goose Day
National Dance Day
2nd – Great American Grump Out
3rd – National Two Different Colored Shoes Day
4th – Tuba Day
5th – Cartoonist Day
Join Hands Day
Kentucky Derby Day (Most exciting two minutes in sports)
Cinco de Mayo
6th – No Homework Day (all kids love this day)
World Laughter Day
Mother Goose Day – We’ve all read or have been read Mother Goose Fairy Tales. Take today to reconnect with your favorite tales. I picked up a book that puts a twist on the classic tales, Monster Goose Fairy Tales. I have boys so they love anything with monsters, robots and other silly things. Another idea is to pick your favorite story, or child’s favorite, and put on a play or puppet show (or stuffed animal show)
Cinco de Mayo – Celebrates the Independence of Mexico.
Pile of Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, sliced
- In a large frying pan, brown ground beef with onion, salt and pepper over medium heat. Break the meat into very small pieces while it is cooking. After the meat is thoroughly cooked, drain off the grease.
- Arrange chips on a microwavable platter. Spread beans over the chips. Layer with 1/2 of the cheese, the ground beef mixture, and remaining cheese. Arrange jalapeno peppers on top.
- Microwave on medium-high until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
I will be at the Author Fair in Oregon City on May 5th 10 – 2pm. I will have free copies of Llama’s Love Mazes available for those who find me. I will be at several booths supporting other local authors.
Atkinson Memorial Church, 710 Sixth St, Oregon City, OR 97045
For more information visit www.atkinsonchurch.org