There are a lot of fun holidays going on this week.
17th – Bat Appreciation Day
19th – High Five Day
21st – Kindergarten Day
22nd – Earth Day
Of course the big one this week is Earth Day. I’ve included a great recipe the whole family will enjoy
1 Package (16 oz) chocolate sandwich cookies
2 Cups cold milk
1 Package (4 serving size) Instant chocolate pudding
1 Tub (8oz) whipped topping, thawed
8-10 (7 oz) paper or plastic cups (the plastic ones look cooler)
Garnish: gummy worms or other gummy creatures, candy flowers, chopped peanuts, granola.
Crush the cookies in a zipper-styled plastic bag. Use either your hands or a rolling pin
Pour the milk into a large bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk for two minutes. Stir in whipped topping and ½ the crushed cookies.
Place about 1 tablespoon of crushed cookies in each cup. Fill cups about ¾ full with pudding mixture. Top with remaining crushed cookies.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish as desired.
Here are some great ways to celebrate Earth Day everyday:
- Replace light bulbs with energy efficient ones.
- Use re-usable bags for shopping.
- Drive your car less. Combine trips to maximize time on the road.
- Collect rain water for your potted plants.
- Take public transportation more often.
- Ride your bike or walk.
- Turn off lights in rooms you’re not in.
- Recycle paper and cardboard.
- Reduce the amount of chemicals you use.
- Purchase wind power.
On a writing note, I’ve been very busy writing and editing several short stories that will be released soon by Wooden Tulip Press. I will keep you all posted.
Have a great week.